Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding Opportunity?
Teachers Savings and Loan Society Limited, a leading Savings and Loan Society with over 56,000 members throughout Papua New Guinea, invites applications for the following positions:
Position: IT Service Desk Analyst
We are seeking to recruit an IT Service Desk Analyst for our Information Technology Department. Reporting to the Manager – IT Service Desk, the successful incumbent will be responsible for providing first level end-user support, evaluating and resolving the issues relating to IT Equipment or applications; and by building and maintaining the Service Request and Incident Management tool to improve the incident management process.
- Supporting the implementation of identified strategic application projects where required.
- Performing root cause analysis of function and technical issues.
- Coordinating the troubleshooting and the support calls with external providers.
- Proactively monitor application incidents and service request through TISA Groups IT Ticketing System – Manage Engine & Service Desk Plus.
- Reviewing all outstanding tickets in ticketing system against SLA’s and perform daily follow ups to resolve and close tickets.
- Escalate incidents within SLAs with external providers where and when necessary
- Coordinating the development of technical documentations and control.
- Proactively review desktop software licenses and usage.
- Work with a change control policy on any changes
- Execute duties in accordance with ITIL framework guidelines
- Work with the Manager, IT Service Desk and support Disaster Recovery plans implementations
- Make recommendations to the Manager, IT Service Desk on budget items
- Make recommendations to the Manager, IT Service Desk for improving internal controls and processes
- Stay abreast of latest technology and work with Manager, IT Service Desk on potential upgrades
- Performing and supporting other tasks as identified by the Manager, IT Service Desk and Head of IT
- Will also contribute to the planning and implementation of improving efficiency and effectiveness of End-User Support and supporting the overall IT Strategy of the organization
Qualification and Experience:
- Tertiary Qualification in Information Technology & Computer Science
- Certification in ITIL Foundation is desirable
- Strong technology analytical and design skills
- In depth understanding of IT Networking and Active Directory
- Demonstrated ability to manage a day to day service desk in a banking and finance environment
- Ability to manage, implement, configure and maintain Microsoft Desktops
- An understanding of the interaction of desktops and the Microsoft Active Directory
- A high competency in Microsoft Outlook and other Microsoft Office products and Collaboration Tools
- Ability to configure desktop peripherals such as printers, screens, scanners, wireless networks, modems and cabling
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware faults in desktops, laptops and printers
- An understanding of the internet and its place as a tool in TISA
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication
- Demonstrated reliability, integrity, customer facing skills and punctuality
- Have an understanding of the need for disaster recovery
- A working knowledge of CoBIT and ITIL frameworks, preferably holding some certification in one or both
- Excellent cybersecurity awareness
If interested, please submit your Expression of Interest, Updated Resume, copies of your Educational Qualification, References, valid Police Clearance and Medical Report to;
The Head of Human Resources
Teachers Savings & Loans Society
PO Box 319, Waigani National Capital District
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Applications close at 4pm, Friday, 30 September 2022